Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Feels like forever

since I have blogged! I know I posted photos not too far back but it seems like a long time since I have given a real update. Sheridan is growing like a weed, but I still don't think she has hit 20 pounds (that's our goal so we can turn the car seat forward facing). We did a very "accurate" weight check on our scale, once while holding Sheridan and once without and then we subtracted the difference - putting her at approximately 19 pounds! She is chatting up a storm, still not really making sense but she is learning more words every day - she has down: mama, dada, puppy, baby, go, uh-oh, ouchie, quack quack, moo and meow. We are working on colors and shapes too. We have her 18 month check-up on the 21st of September.

I have recently started another blog: omahamoms.blogspot.com. Please check it out and spread the word if you know of anyone who might be interested in what we have to share.

I also painted Sheridan's bathroom! I know it seems like such a small task but I have been dilly dallying around on the shower curtain and colors and I finally made a decision - a princess theme! Are you surprised? The bathroom is actually purple with green accent but the shower curtain has princesses and frogs and butterflies and such - very girlie, very cute. Only four more rooms to paint!!! And, I think we might actually do our bathroom this weekend so that leaves only three rooms.

Jon is technically finished with school!! For a short time anyways - he has 3 or 4 tests left he needs to complete and then he will officially have his bachelors degree and then he plans to return to school next March to obtain his masters - I couldn't be more proud, he will actually be the first in our family and his to get his masters, what an awesome accomplishment that will be.

Well, that is the quick rundown of the Shockey's - below are just a few of the recent pics.





No comments: